Welcome to WWW Wednesday! This meme, which was created by by MizB @ Should be Reading, is currently hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words, and it’s a great way to keep track of your week in books.
To participate just answer these three Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I’ll admit I didn’t pick any of the books I listed in my last WWW Wednesday but I read the description of The Archer’s Heart by Astrid Amara and I was in love with the story. I’m also currently reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare because I was traveling to the US yesterday and I took it along to read on the plane, I’ve read the first two books before but I haven’t finished the trilogy so I figured I’d get to that eventually.
(fun fact: I started writing this at 5am actually because jet lag is a bitch)
Do you ever feel like a book builds up to something huge and then falls flat? That’s what The Ring and the Crown by Melissa De La Cruz felt like. Don’t get me wrong, it was a nice book but the ending was disappointing and I felt like it didn’t really make any sense in the context of the story.
Yet another week where I can’t decide what I want to read next (even though I’m doing better than last week because it’s only 4 this time):
- Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White: this book sounds so, so interesting. I mean who doesn’t want to read a book that blends modern day San Diego with Ancient Egypt??
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: time travel+pirates, need I say more?
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo: I’ve been telling myself to finish this series for months but I keep putting it off (kind of like how I behave with my uni assignments actually…)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass: Everyone’s been super psyched about this book but I read a review that detailed what was wrong with the book (according to the reviewer) and her arguments were very sound, so I’m a little more reluctant to pick up the series.
I’m terrible at actually keeping to my lists, aren’t I?