I feel so honoured Kiwi from Kiwi Reads nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Question 1 and I’m already having trouble answering, lovely. I’m actually torn between Geneva and Washington DC, but I’ll go with DC since I already live in Switzerland right now.
- How many languages can you speak?
I’m fluent in 3 (English, Greek, and French), while I can speak some German (but not Swiss-German, that stuff’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma), and somewhat understand conversational Swedish and Italian (if I concentrate hard enough).
- What’s your favorite TV show?
I’ll have to go with Doctor Who on this one.
- Did you watch the Shadowhunters premiere, and if so, what would you rate it? (NO SPOILERS PLEASE, I HAVEN’T WATCHED IT)
Fun fact: I just watched it earlier today with my sister. It’s fair, I suppose, I’ll definitely be watching the rest of it but I have an issue with the acting since there are so many cringe-worthy moments (particularly between Jace and Clary, even though Dominic Sherwood is a decent actor). It’s an interesting pilot, not the best I’ve watched but pilots are rarely the best episodes anyway, so definitely worth at least checking out if you’re a fan of the books.
- How many times have you watched the Harry Potter movies?
I didn’t even begin counting to be able to answer that question. I can say that I’ve watched the last two movies less times than I’ve watched the movies 1-5.
- Describe Twilight in three words.
Better secondary characters.
- What’s your favorite book series to date?
This is going to be predictable but I have to say Harry Potter
- Favorite author?
I feel like I’m betraying J. K. Rowling by saying Rick Riordan here.
- What’s your dream school (as far as college goes)? If you already went to college or are already in college: dream grad school?
Since I’m already in uni, my dream grad school would be UCL for its bioanthropology program or my own, the University of Geneva.
- Dream career?
Ideally, I’d be an archeologist all my life, preferably working between Switzerland and [insert exotic location here], and then I’d retire and open up a little pastry shop somewhere (I could never make up my mind between being an archeologist or a chef, so I want to try and do both.
- What song are you listening to right now?
I was actually listening to music while writing this and the songs that came up were:
– Guns and Ships from the Hamilton Broadway Show
– Girls-Girls-Boys by Panic! At The Disco (this is my song guys, which my sister affectionately calls Gun Fart Boys because that’s what she though the lyrics said the first time she overheard it)
– Temporary Fix by One Direction
– I’ll Make A Man Out Of You from the Mulan soundtrack
– Emperor’s New Clothes by Panic! At The Disco (I just got my hands on Death of a Bachelor today and it’s amazing)
*looks away in shame*
– The Penis Song by Macklemore
- Since I study bioanthropology, I handle human remains fairly often but I’ve learned not to disclose that when meeting new people because some might find it creepy.
- I’m currently double-majoring and I only chose my second major, English, a week before classes started because it’s the option that fit best around my archeology schedule (I also figured I’d do something that would give me a job).
- I do not like English classics, I’ve only read three of them (which never fails to shock most of my fellow English majors if I happen to mention it) but I can talk at length about French classical literature.
- All my life I’ve been in a French school, despite living in Greece, and I think the french educational system is one of the best (amongst the European and the US educational systems at least).
- I have skin that heals ridiculously slowly and very badly, so my arms are peppered with scars.
- I have a black belt in karate and was top of my class, which you really can’t tell simply by looking at me.
- I miss my dog fiercely from Switzerland, but I don’t miss her enthusiasm when it comes to cats. She likes playing with them, which doesn’t turn out well most of the time (I have the scars to prove it).
- I am one of those people who really got into reading after having read Twilight.
- My sister and I have a running gag where she’s Satan, and she’s dragged dragged a certain number of my friends into it, giving them their own positions in hell, her kingdom (ex: one of my best friends is her father, while I’m her aunt and Commander of her armies).
- I have a tendency to procrastinate a lot when it comes to homework, to the point that I’ll look into picking up a new skill rather than study. A few years ago, I got really into crochet but I only had one rather thin needle, so I figured I could carve a thicker one out of wood, when I had a lit essay to turn in the next day. (*slow clap for Bri*)
- A rat peed on my mother’s head while she was pregnant with me and her doctor couldn’t stop laughing when she called him.
My Own Questions
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- Which book do you love to hate?
- If you had the chance to travel in time (both ways), which century would you visit and why?
- Do you finish the nutella/[insert spread of your choice here] and then put the jar back for others to find, or do you admit to having finished it?
- Which author is an automatic read for you?
- If you had to choose: Twilight or 50 Shade of Grey?
- Do you read classics?
- Will you be watching the new Shadowhunters series?
- How do you celebrate the new year?
- Would you read a book just to rant about it/make fun of it?
- Do you agree with the philosophical theory that feeling emotions towards books/series/films/fictional situations is inappropriate because we know it’s not real and therefore shouldn’t feel anything?
Gabby @ Gabby the Dauntless Warlock
Percy @ Percy Reads
Rowan @ Rowan’s Raving Reviews
Yasmine and Paige @ The Wild Readers
Kelly @ Stellar Scrutiny
Bri @ Paperback Bri
Kellie @ Book Delights
I can’t wait to read your answers!