- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set 11 questions for them.
- I could never stand jogging, even though I excel at swimming
- I’m terrible flirting, I don’t even realise I’m doing it unless one of my friends points it out (but I’m trying to get better).
- I had a class last semester where I was the only student, which I only did because I felt too embarrassed to drop it.
- I always pick the worst people to fancy, I’ve accepted that.
- I love collecting pretty notebooks but I never know what to use them for, so I end up not using them
- I am ridiculous when it comes to taking it easy after a sports injury, I usually ignore them hoping they’ll go away (hint: they don’t, in fact they come back and bite me)
- My dog can recognise the sound of my voice and pretty much knocks me over whenever I go back to Greece (I was wearing a dress once, not the best of ideas).
- I’m an excellent cook
- I’m terribly shy
- I have a younger sister who’s 13
- I grew up speaking Greek with my mother (who is Greek) but I still developed a tiny bit of an accent, which frustrates her to no end
- If you could meet any fictional character, who would you want to meet?
The Doctor from Doctor Who because I’d love to travel with him.
- When did you know that you wanted a blog?
I’ve experimented with blogging before when I was 16 but I was quickly overwhelmed and kind of forgot about it, so the idea’s been on my mind since then, and after my first year at uni (last year), I really felt like I could do justice to books using everything I learned.
- What is your favorite book series?
That’s not a fair question you know, but since you insist: the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan because there are so many books to choose from.
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
A month ago I would’ve said both but I’ve since developed a
slight obsession soft spot for Star Wars and JediStormPilot (I blame tumblr for that).
- What is your favorite animal?
I’M JOKING! I’m joking, I promise!
(Hopefully she won’t see this)
The octopus because it’s incredibly intelligent and some scientists hypothesised that, if it lived longer and had the capacity to speak, it would be able to develop its own civilisation.
- What is your patronus?
A fox apparently, personally I would’ve gone for cat because I love sleeping, I like attention and being pampered.
- Tea or Coffee?
My family doesn’t think the drinks I get are real coffee so tea, I guess.
- Which character, out of all the books you have read, did you like the least?
Ebony/Enoby Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way from My Immortal.
Oh, you mean from an actual book?
Severus Snape from Harry Potter. No amount of loving Harry’s dead mother is going to redeem him in my eyes.
- What is your latest obsession?
Macarons, I recently discovered La Durée here in Geneva and I am absolutely in love with the chocolate ones.
- Would you rather be a demigod or a wizard?
As fun as being a demigod sounds, I’ll have to go with wizard here.
- Favorite music genre?
Pop rock, which pisses off a close friend of mine to no end because he thinks pop music is the worst possible thing you could listen to 😛
- Favorite book adaptation to serie/movie?
The 100 for the amazing series it’s turned into.
- If you could be any magical creature (like a wizard, fairy, vampire, mermaid, troll, werewolves, etc) what would you be and why?
I’d like to be Warlock in TMI universe because they get to live forever and they have magic.
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
What kind of a question is this? Chocolate, of course
- Are you a morning or a night person?
I’m definitely a night person. I usually need 1h30 to 2h in the morning before I’m ready go out, but I can easily stay up until 4 or 5am studying if I leave the lights on.
- Favorite color?
Dark green, the kind you see in forests.
- What Divergent faction/s are you?
I have to go with Erudite on this one because I love learning things. But I wouldn’t be mean or anything, I’d put what I know to good use.
- What is the thing you like the most about blogging?
The people. I didn’t expect everyone to be this welcoming, so I was delighted by that entire aspect.
- Do you usually write with a pen or a pencil?
I have a weakness for fountain pens, I love the way they feel when I write with them and they’re definitely worth the hassle.
- If you could marry any fictional character, who would it it be?
Kara Zor-El, aka Supergirl, is bae.
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
I’m a huge Mulan fan.
- What is your least favorite book genre?
I was going to say Non-Fiction, but I don’t remember when the last time I read a book in that genre was so my least favourite would have to be new adult contemporary because of the frequent borderline abusive personalities.
- If you could have coffee with one author, dead or alive, who would you pick?
I would pick J. K. Rowling because I have So. Many. Questions. for her, I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- What is your favourite reading spot?
In the winter, I usually curl up on the nearest comfy surface, but in the summer I like reading in trees, on top of walls, generally on elevated surfaces (I’ve scared quite a few people this way).
- Who is your favourite superhero? Why?
At the moment, I’m absolutely in love with Supergirl becuse she’s quirky, awkward, and all in all adorable.
- What is your ultimate holiday destination?
I’d love to visit London because I’ve never been but my friends tell me it’s amazing.
- Who is your number one book boyfriend?
The first names that popped into my mind were Jem Carstairs and Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices because, like Tessa, I can’t decide which one I love more.
- What’s your favourite time of year?
Spring, because it’s sunny and warm without being too hot, and all the flowers are blooming.
- What was the last dream you had?
I actually remember the one I had from last night: So I was back in Greece and I was meeting up with a friend of mine, when I suddenly had to leave for some reason. Since we wouldn’t see each other much after that, he asked if he could see me the next day but dream!me told him she was running the marathon then, and I laughed so hard that I woke myself up because that is the most improbable scenario I’ve dreamt of.
- If you could time travel to any time in history, where would you go?
Prehistoric times because I’m an archaeologist whose field lacks written documentation and this way I would be able to confirm all the theories we currently have.
- What is your go-to feel good song?
At the moment, it’s Victorious by Panic! At the Disco (it’s actually the entire Death of a Bachelor album but this is the most ‘feel good’ kind of song on it.
Otherwise I love, love, love Parlami Per Sempre by Sick Tamburo (translation: Talk to me forever) even though I only have the vaguest idea of what the song is about since I don’t speak italian.
(I know the video is weird)
- The best book you’ve read this year?
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell for the stunning characters and, of course, SnowBaz (I’ve been stalking that tumblr tag for the past two weeks now, the situation is dire guys)
- Can you pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? (This place does exist, I have been there. Google it if you don’t believe me :P)
I probably couldn’t pronounce it correctly so I’m not even going to try, but this guy does a fantastic job (I think):
- Kaytlyn @ The Bohemian Bookworm
- Hannah & Linsday @ Untamed Shrews
- Jade @ Jade Reads Books
- Michelle @ Book Adventures
- Beth @ Reading Every Night
- Jolien @ The Fictional Reader
- Percy @ Percy Reads
- Daniela @ Daniela’s Bookshelf
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- Carolina @ My Fictional World
- Qui @ Qui Reads
- Favourite sweet and savoury foods?
- Favourite tv series?
- What’s the most fascinating thing you’ve encountered this week?
- First book that made you fall in love with reading?
- Do you like going to the library?
- Who was your first book crush?
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be (it doesn’t have to be something in your life, it can be a historical event too)?
- Where would you like to live, even for a short period of time?
- Describe the weirdest dream you remember having.
- What was one false thing you believed as a child?
- What’s your favourite quote?