1. What book have you been unable to finish?
I’ve heard a lot of great things about Sally Green’s Half Bad, and some not so great things, but when I first read it I couldn’t get over the 2nd person narration and the sheer amount of abuse the MC goes through. I’ve been thinking of picking it back up because I’ve heard the first book gets much better once you get past the 100p mark.
2. What book do you have yet to read because you haven’t had the time?
I usually end up making time for books (usually by ignoring other things I have to do) so this doesn’t really apply to me but I’ve been wanting to read The Abyss Surrounds Us ever since it came out and I only got my hands on it last week.
3. What book have you not read because it’s a sequel?
Not so much a sequel as much as a spin-off series, I haven’t read Six of Crows yet because I want to finish the Grisha trilogy first (I have Ruin and Rising left).
4. What book have you not read because it’s brand new?
So Flamecaster only came out this week and I’m currently on a school trip to Brittany so I haven’t been able to pick it up yet.
5. Which book have not you read because you have read another book by the author that you did not like?
Reign of Shadows sounds A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I was incredibly excited for it until I remembered Sophie Jordan also wrote the Firelight trilogy. I’m more reluctant to pick it up now but I still think I’ll give it a try at some point.
6. What book have you not read because you’re not in the mood for it?
I recently watched the trailer to Me Before You, after I saw literally everyone raving about it (but also Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke), and I decided I wanted to read the book before watching the film. However, I’m in the middle of reading The Mortal Instruments and I have frequent urges to strangle both Clary and Jace becauseof how they behave as a couple, so I want to just get away from that before going into Me Before You.
7. What book have you not read because it’s HUGE?
Unless a book is over 800 pages, I don’t put it off purely because of its length. At the moment, the longest book on my TBR shelf on Goodreads is Illuminae at 599 pages, but I haven’t gotten to it because I’ve heard the kindle version is less than ideal, so I’m waiting for my library to get the physical copy.
8. What book have you not read because it was a cover buy and had bad reviews?
The cover for Red Queen is beautiful, and the premise is intriguing too, but I’ve heard wayyyy too many negative reviews on both books currently out so I’m not inclined to pick it up any time soon.
9. What book have you not read because it’s the most intimidating book on your TBR pile?
The Throne of Glass series is So. Incredibly. Hyped. that I don’t even want to start the first one for fear of being disappointed (I’ve read a number of negative reviews about it actually so that only adds to my reluctance).
I tag everyone to do this! If you want to do this, go ahead and consider yourself tagged!