If you think this month’s list looks somewhat familiar, that’s because it is. Having failed to read 6 out of the 9 books on my April TBR, I picked out the 4 I really wanted to get to this month and added 3 new books, bringing the total up to 7. This is a fairly ambitious goal considering I have a number of exams at the end of May, but I’m an optimistic person.
- City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare: I started reading CoLS in April, but I dropped it a week later so I’m hoping I can get through it this month and finish the series.
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh: I wasn’t impressed by The Wrath and the Dawn for various reasons, but I’m still holding out hope for the duology as a whole.
- Ruin and Rising and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Is it me or is everyone talking about these two books even more lately?
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: I’ve avoided potential spoilers so far (by wisely staying away from the Pinch tag on tumblr) but I doubt that’ll last so I’ll be reading this as soon as I can.
- Stasis by Kim Fielding: I was browsing through Netgalley yesterday when I saw Stasis was available to read and I figured I’d give it a try since the plot sounds incredibly interesting, and it’s heavy on the political intrigue (which is something I’m really into atm).