Summer is my favourite time of year because I get to read as much as I want without feeling guilty about the fact that I’m most probably procrastinating something or another. Honestly, I could barely narrow the list down to 8 this month so I’ll probably be reading more than that, but here’s a preliminary list of the books I want to get to in June:
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh: The second I heard this was a ya book set in prehistory, I knew I had to read it (if only to see how the prehistoric setting was handled), so I’ve been anxiously waiting for this book for months!
- Children of Icarus by Caighlan Smith : (my first actual ARC!!!) I’m halfway into this and, let me tell you, it is nothing like what I expected from the blurb but definitely worth reading so far.
- StarTouched Queen by Roshani Chokshi: I’ve never heard of a book combining greek and indian mythologies so I’m incredibly intrigued by it.
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye: Magical duelling to proclaim a champion? Sign me up!
- Ruin and Rising and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Yes, I know, I’m being rather redundant here.
- The Raven King by Nora Sakavic: I keep seeing cute fanart of this one ship and, after the first book, I’m curious to see just how those two characters are going to get together since they currently hate each other.
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes: I’ve been promised epic high fantasy and I better not be disappointed.
What books are you planning on reading this month? If you’ve read any of these, I’d love to hear your thoughts on them!